Kingston Park, Newcastle upon Tyne
£18,500 per annum
As the office administrator, you will be responsible for providing effective and efficient secretarial and administrative support primarily for the company director and senior surveyor. Support for the architectural design, building surveying and project management teams will be necessary. You will be based at Kingston Park in a vibrant office environment.
The role combines a strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and respond to a rapidly changing environment. The role requires a reliable problem-solver and with strong project management and communication skills.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1) Use in-house database system for setting up and logging jobs and amending entries.
2) Archiving files and photocopying as required.
3) Prepare and send out terms of engagement.
4) Enter invoice details ensuring that the fee is checked (Maths and English) and authorised by relevant staff, taking copies for the job file and typing cover letters.
5) Answering telephones and taking messages.
6) Chasing of leads and logging of progress. Capturing customer feedback and collation of information.
7) Quoting of services to potential client’s using sales scripts / on the job training.
8) Production and binding of reports following transcription of audio files via formatting and use of templates, preparation of letters and bid documentation, minutes, and general documentation accurately and to a high standard that comply with our working practices.
9) Liaise with senior staff in relation to stationary orders and other equipment requirements after identifying a need to order.
10) To immediately advise the company director of any issues that have been brought to your attention regarding any matter regarding Money Laundering or deemed out of the ordinary or that may escalate to a complaint towards us
11) Booking staff training events and organising lunch with external companies if required.
12) From time to time, you may be asked to monitor and update MADE’s digital marketing channels (website and social media pages) with relevant content and customer testimonials.
13) To positively promote equality of opportunity for staff and learners.
14) Any other duties as may be reasonably required by MADE Surveying & Architectural Ltd.
1) Proficient knowledge and experience with all Microsoft Office programs including outlook, word, excel and access.
2) Excellent communication skills with experience of general telephone enquiries.
3) Excellent time management and organisational skills including diary management.
4) Good English skills being able to identify grammatical and punctuation errors and foresight to make corrections where required.
5) Focused on the delivery of excellent customer services.
6) Good general office admin / secretarial skills.
1) Reliable and dedicated.
2) Confident with a professional attitude.
3) Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
4) Ability to use initiative in pro-actively seeking solutions to problems.
5) Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
6) Capacity to work under pressure and ability to prioritise work effectively.
1) Organisation and administration: 1 year
2) Office administration/secretarial experience within the property industry is desirable but not essential.
If you would like to find out more, or to apply for this role, email us your updated CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org