Insurance Claims Reinstatement
As Chartered Building Surveyors, we have vast experience in handling the reinstatement of property following a buildings insurance claim. We provide a professional service as private consultants to individuals or as outsourcers to insurance companies or loss adjusters.
Our primary role is to provide professional services for the remedial works to the building and to assist you with the technical aspects of the building repair phase. Insurance work project management is a skilled discipline.
We have experience in specifying and managing general peril insurance work and ensuring the property is returned to its pre-event condition to your satisfaction.
- Escape of water
Our services can include the following non-exhaustive list:
- Production of a day one property report reflecting on the damage which has occurred and proposals for repair work
- Production of a room by room, item by item, specific schedule of works inclusive of materials and workmanship standards
- Cost control. Help to prevent/reduce cost overruns and claims for extras
- Managing the planning, coordination and delivery of the project
- Budget and cost management
- Time scale management. Control/eliminate programme overruns
- Strategic advice at every stage of the development cycle
- Negotiate or tender the work and prepare a tender analysis report for your reference
- Arrange and chair a pre-contract meeting and prepare contract documents
- Administer the contract and ensure that all work required is completed in accordance with the schedule
- Arrange for the contractor to return to the property during the 'Defects Liability Period'